Hello and welcome! Since you’ve landed on this article, you might be interested in writing a blog for the Here Magazine website. We’re so glad you’re considering it: writing is such a therapeutic way to express yourself, tap into your creativity, and, in this case, contribute to a community.
Follow our step-by-step guide to write your blog smoothly. And if you have any troubles, email us at email@example.com. Now, let’s get into it!
Step 1: Create An Account
In order to write your blog, you’ll need to create an account on our website first. This is so that you can keep track of what you write and write as many blogs as you wish. If you have already created an account, you can skip this section.
1. To create your account, first press “Join” on the top-right corner of the page.
2. You’ll then be directed to this page. Create a username (ex. Your first and last name), enter your email, and create a password.
And if you’d like to stay up-to-date on our news, then select the Email Newsletter options, too! There is a dropdown menu to select which Curated News emails you’d like to receive. (Even if you sign up for all options, you will typically only receive one Curated News email per week—total.)
4. Press “Create Account” and follow the prompts.
You will have to confirm the activation link in your email. There is a good chance it will be in your junk folder.
5. Now, go to your “Profile” section (the icon next to “Blogs”) where you can update your description of yourself, add a photo, and choose the country you’re from.
After that, you’re all ready to start writing!
Step 2: Write Your Blog
1. Select “Blog” in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Press “Add New” on the left-hand page to write a new blog post.
3. Add your title, and then start typing where it says “Type”.
4. Before you press “Publish”, add a featured image.
Do this on the right-hand side of the page. This is the photo that shows up on the homepage.
5. Bonus: add images to your blog.
If you want to add images to the blog itself, click the “+” sign on the right-hand side. From there, you can add images, a quote, etc. Upload them accordingly.
6. Press “Publish” in the top right-hand corner.
Don’t worry, it won’t publish immediately—our editing team will review it and let you know what else you have to do.