Visit our Shop to Subscribe or Donate Sign up to our mailing list

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lara CostaLara Costa
      ✓ HERE Staff

I wanted to create a thread here to use this space to first share our petition to support International Students, please read and sign: We Are Here!

Also, to open this space for everyone to share your stories. I have been hearing stories of minor-aggressions towards Asian people because of the virus. Also, it can be a good space to collect stories from international students being separated from their families and the struggles to financially sustain themselves amid COVID-19. Please, let’s share our stories and support each other.

Hi

I am so grateful for this space .

Because we internacional students need support.

In Canada I can work just in part time jobs. With my job I pay my  bills and two health plan  . As I am student at Uvic I just get apply in my program if I pay my fees before. Together expansive fees I pay my rent , my health plan ( Canadians and Permanent Residents no pay) and my food and together with this any Homestay  try say that international students can be with Corona Virus if you show a simple headache or any student travelled one month ago before this pandemia.  Because of this I would like say Thank you to Here Magazine for creating a petition to support us Internacional Students this hard time where we are afraid being sicker without support. Thanks for this petition.You are amazing

Val

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BETA – We’re excited to share with you the many new features of our redesigned website. But you may find the occasional problem we haven’t fixed yet. Please contact us if you find any problems or need assistance.